Lecture and Book Signing with Alisa Melekhina
Monday, October 22, 2018, 6-8 pm
Internationally ranked chess master and author of
Reality Check: What the Ancient Game of Chess can Teach You About Success in Modern Competitive Settings
at Chess in the Schools on Monday, October 22, 2018 from 6:00 – 8:00 PM.
Alisa Melekhina is a long-time competitor in US open tournaments, women’s national, and world team invitational events. At age 22, she graduated from the University of Pennsylvania Law School, the same year she placed fifth in the U.S. Women’s Championship. She is currently practicing as a corporate attorney at Debevoise & Plimpton LLP. You can find out more about Alisa
Event will include
- Lecture from Alisa Melekhina
- Q & A
- Book signing and photos
- Open chess play
- Light refreshments
Event will be held at Chess in the Schools:
520 8th Avenue, Fl 22 New York, NY 10018
Advanced registration is required on the Chess in the Schools Website. Read below to find out how to register.
Suggested donation levels:
* $30: 1 event ticket, signed book, and fund 1 classroom chess set.
* $50: 1 event ticket, signed book, and fund 10 tournament medals.
* $100: 1 event ticket, signed book, and fund 5 tournament trophies.
* $200: 1 event ticket, signed book, and fund 1 coaching sessions for an after-school club for 20 students.
* $300: 1 event ticket, signed book, and fund 1 year of chess class for 1 elementary student.
If you have any questions about the event, please email Shaun at email@example.com